Brie & Gruyere Mac n Cheese with Prosciutto - Julia Chrisco
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 1/2 tbsps Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 8 ozs Uncooked Pasta
- 1/2 lb Brie Cheese (rinds removed)
- 1/2 lb Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
- 5 Slices Proscuitto
- For Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 tbsps Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 13 Ritz Crackers (or other round buttery cracker) crumbled
- 2 tbsps Fresh Chopped Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Place prosciutto flat on a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Bake for about 13 minutes or until just crispy. Remove from oven and set aside. Keep the oven on.
3. Prepare crumb topping while the prosciutto is baking.
1. Melt butter in small saucepan or skillet.
2. Saute garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add parsley and crackers. Saute until just toasted. Set aside.
4. Melt ¼ cup butter in a large saucepan.
5. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
6. Add flour and salt to pan and stir in.
7. Add pasta and milk. Bring to boil, stir regularly to prevent milk from burning.
8. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. When pasta is cooked to al dente, add brie and gruyere. Stir until melted.
10. Crumble crispy prosciutto and stir in.
11. Transfer pasta to a casserole dish. Cover with crumb topping. Bake for 20 minutes at 350℉. Garnish with parsley and serve.